Slow and sporadic – that’s what Google dished out with its recent Panda 4.2 update, which possibly will take months to roll out completely. Google says that it is not designed to confuse the webmaster but the slowness of the update is due to some technical reasons. That means some of your web pages may not be affected with the Panda algorithm still site wide. Google confirmed that some 2% to 3% English language queries may have been affected.
About the slowness of the updates, Google’s John Mueller says “This [Panda update 4.2] is actually pretty much a similar update to before. For technical reasons we are rolling it out a bit slower. It is not that we are trying to confuse people with this. It is really just for technical reasons. So, it is not that we are crawling slowly. We are crawling and indexing normal, and we are using that content as well to recognize higher quality and lower quality sites. But we are rolling out this information in a little bit more slower way. Mostly for technical reasons. It is not like we are making this process slower by design; it is really an internal issue on our side.”
What we know
After hearing some chatter, we decided to run some numbers. Our dataset of 3,000+ websites and 200,000+ keywords (local and national) makes it easy for us to get a birds-eye view of how our client campaigns are performing.
We were not surprised to find that this update didn’t have any negative impact on our client campaigns. Most probably, the new improved 2015 SEO deliverables which we offer saved our clients. This is another example of how our strategies future-proof your businesses.
So, how are we protecting you?
- First up, we get the basics right i.e. focusing on On-Site optimization which includes correcting all possible 404 errors, fix duplicate (thin) content on the site, creation of landing pages, etc. Internal blog is also a good addition which we do when allowed.
- We vary anchor texts to have a proper balance between branded and non-branded links.
- Since social signals are of importance, we get social votes via Facebook likes, Tweets & Google+1’s. Client participation is encouraged.
Below are some of the additional backlink sources we’ve included in our 2015 SEO deliverables to diversify the backlink profile.
- Magazine / News Placement
- Q&A Posting
- Community Setup
Conversion friendly activities include –
- Usability & Conversion Optimization Report
- User Testing Video
- Heatmap, Scrollmap, Overlay and Confetti Report
So, if you’re hit by Panda OR want to make sure you’re not going to be a likely victim, we can help. Just reply to this email OR call toll free on (888) 520 8861 and let our professional SEOs to do the work for you. And yes, do not forget to check out our 2015 SEO Deliverables.