As they say, any landing that you can walk away from….is a good one! Well, you don’t want that to happen with your official landing page, right? But if you’re not carefully monitoring your existing landing page woes then you’ll have only yourself to blame for it.
A better approach would be to check all your site URLs for any kinds of errors; especially ones like 404. And if you’re on a look-out for some other options then you can leverage Google services for better results.
Besides that, you could easily have pages without any 404 error, but it is up to you how you use these pages in your ads. For instance
- For your Out of Stock products
- Sold out Concerts or canceled ones.
- Hide your Old web-pages
- To hide your web Pages with out-of-date messaging like “Thanksgiving” or “Black Friday Sale.”
How do you do it? Well, you have to run the script for a particular phrase or set of phrases and look for queries such as out of stock or unavailable. The script then crawls through each URL source code and searches for similar queries. If it manages to find one, then it means that the page is bad.
You can start by searching for phrases that your website uses. Do a double check for source code of good and bad pages so that you don’t end up on a bad note.
You can also include HTML tags to run the script for a particular phrase(s). Also, messages like “0 available” could easily be mistaken for a page that says “10 or 100 available”. So you need to be a bit careful on that front and when you know what you want, just copy the script into your AdWords account and change your settings as below:
- Start with messageToCheckForwhere you need to come up with the source code of the phrase(s) that you’re currently searching for. And if the messages found here are similar to the URL’s source code then that particular URL will be treated as a bad one.
- If you set trimAtQuestionMarkas true, then all your URLs are doubtful and anything after that will be removed.
- typeasks your permission tocheck your ads or keywords for any such bad URL
- recipients are your email recipients. So, when bad URLs are found, they will be sent to all the mentioned email ids. If you don’t want that to happen then you can leave out that option.
- campaignStatus is to know the status of your campaigns.
- adGroupStatus is to track the status of your ad groups.
- status is the status of your ad/keyword itself.
Additionally, you can even run the script once to check or organize a schedule to run it on a regular basis.
Also, through Google AdWords script, you can check only 20k URLs on a daily basis with the script running out of time before reaching the mark. But if you’re loaded with URLs for the script then it’s probably a great idea to avoid these limits by making use of API services.
If you’re still short of some smart solutions then you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-545-0616 (Toll-Free). Our sales reps will get in touch with you within 24 business hours.