A link building program’s success is largely about harnessing your USP; leveraging your strengths; getting your website noticed and creating a domain specific relationship, which is mutually beneficial. If you can meet these goals, it is practicable to improve your link building conversions. More insight and tips will certainly prove handy to ensure quality links.
- First and foremost, you should be clear and emphatic of the core elements of the exercise. You should define your goals and the end result that you wish to achieve. Having a pre-defined approach helps you remain focused instead of drifting with no tangible results.
- Review your content offerings in context of previous link building exercise. Reviewing earlier link bait exercise can help you make wise choice. Content created during the earlier promotions can be reworked or tweaked.
- You should emphasize your strengths ideally during the stage of accessing other sites to actually seek the links. Pay attention to compatibility factor while doing so. Try and make it clear as why they should be linking to you.
- Using your USPs in relation to asking for links is important. If you want to link up with a business as an environmentally friendly entity, mention so! Support your argument with a relevant section on your site that denotes how you’ve taken steps to create a green company to establish your credentials.
- Doing a thorough analysis of your immediate competitors’ sites is a good way to locate resources to get quality links. This can offer you clue about where to get new links. You can find out good number of links by analyzing their sites for your own gain. Of course, do not forget to do your own independent research.
- Google Search for a broad/ long tail key term, which is related to your niche, and note down the top sites in the search result. Since these sites are ranked highly, it obviously suggests that they will be carrying several back-links. Find out where these sites are getting the links from. Thus you will create a comprehensive list of resources to get good back-links. Use different keywords that relate to your niche. The exercise may be time consuming, but it will allow you to get ample back-links to your site.
- Link building does not mean that a site owner should get links only from industry specific sites. You may seek links from non-related sites. They hold value as they can contribute to improving your site rankings.
- A sustained interaction and engagement with blog and review sites may yield a lasting business partnership, which at times can fetch gains well beyond merely seeking a link. Conversely, if they refuse, there is no need to lose heart. Be gracious even if your request for a link is turned down. Find out the reasons and take corrective steps.