Three are many different ways of building a relationship that ultimately helps in link building over time. Once you are able to get yourself noticed in the online world, the job becomes that much easier. There are a number of ways to achieve this, including direct emailing, Blog commenting and social media. There are different ways and means to ensure sustained link building.
You may send them traffic or turn to an individual phone call. Let us consider these options in detail so that link building becomes an easier task for you.
Among the most preferable options employed by most SEOs is direct email. It can really work if used judiciously! There are many ways to approach site and blog owners. Here are a few quick tips:
- Make use of a good subject or theme line.
- Explain the way you can be of help to them.
- Be personal in your approach; use their name.
- If they happen to live close by, use your location.
- Make mention of something specific like a blog post or tweet they did.
- Do appreciate their time and efforts.
Phone call is another great way of seeking links. Here are a few aspects related to it:
- It can get a bit trickier in some industries or business domains where the owners are not always easily accessible.
- In most cases though, you can usually be ensured of a good response and feedback over the phone. It also saves your precious time by getting a quick answer.
- It’s understandable that not all marketers relish using the phone in today’s times of Facebook and Twitter. But it can work, for sure! Also, it isn’t that hard.
- Once you start doing so, after a few calls, you can fast get into the swing of it.
Next is blog commenting. It’s not just about posting links on random blog platforms and looking to draw everyone’s attention by virtually turning a spammer. It’s more about finding quality blogs of those you wish to seek links from, and then providing useful, constructive comments.
This sure can prompt them to click through to your site and see your name. This will certainly be of help when you contact them since they will already be well aware of your identity as well as your website and thus more likely to take notice of you.
Last but not the least, make it a point to send them traffic. Most quality bloggers and site owners will usually check their analytics to find out who is largely sending them a significant chunk of it. If you are able to find a place in this list, they sure will take a look at you, and consider becoming familiar with you. You don’t even need to link to them from your website.