To maximize your ROI as well as minimize your risk, your ad campaign should have a solid base. For this, you need to understand the specific domain needs. There is no magic formula or instant solution to creating attention-grabbing ads. Here are a few important things to keep in mind:
- Measuring and monitoring results by setting up basic conversion tracking is absolutely vital to ensure a long-term success. This helps grasp average conversion rates and projected revenues, and also lets you estimate the performance of keyword bids in future. Test singular and plural forms of your keywords to know which does better. Accordingly, adjust your bids and ad copy.
- Be methodical in your approach. Make use of a logical campaign naming structure/ organization. Give your bids enough time to deliver. Don’t make hasty changes based on early poor performance. Keep a tab on your campaign and see it’s up to date.
- Based on your PPC platform, set your budget as maximums, averages or other relevant target figure! If you are reasonably certain of your average customer value as well as target CPA’s, you can decide the optimum budget in order to maximize the gains from your campaign. Be realistic in your expectations.
- Bidding tools like Conversion Optimiser can help in maximizing a campaign’s performance through bids for quality, efficient converting clicks instead of focusing merely on traffic volume. Set up Google Alerts to track those terms listed alongside your chosen top keywords as well as brand terms. Thus you can block anything irrelevant, not thought of previously, using negative matches.
- Most PPC platforms provide in-built data reporting. Make it a point to segment paid search traffic in your site’s analytics so as to display the keywords fetching you traffic. You can then easily measure keyword performance, and find converting long-tail keyword variations with the AdWords search query report and likewise, non-converting keywords to insert as negative matches.
- Go for a clear and compelling message. PPC ads should be brief and simple. Their titles need to be eye-catching and compelling. Highlight your USP like a special offer. The body text should be concise and pertinent to the terms you’re bidding on. Shun clichéd phrases. Focus on precise descriptions. Make each word count.
- Links matter a great deal. The URL of your ad is most likely to appear in the results. Avoid as far as possible, meaningless numerical page addresses. A keyword-optimized URL (Highlight them in bold) will denote relevancy and fetch more traffic and ultimately business.
The steps above will sure boost your ad revenues. It’s more often than not a trial & error method that will produce a winning campaign combination and will guarantee you a good ROI from your ad campaign.