In order to effectively popularize and market your business site, you should not only be able to fetch the requisite traffic, but also to achieve the desired conversions by efficiently tapping into your customer base. For this, you need to employ a combination of various tools and strategies such as SEO, email marketing, and PPC.
A PPC (pay per click) campaign holds an important place in the whole mix of Internet marketing. It is highly critical to tap the reach and power of top search engines including Google and Yahoo. Let us understand some of its basic premises:
- PPC is basically about placing a message strategically on the relevant result pages. Non-search based PPC advertising messages are put up on specific sites that are pertinent to your products and services. This is also called context-dependent advertising.
- The merchant is expected to pay only when the visitors happen to click that ad and check in, which means that pay per click revolves around the basic concept of ‘Cost per Action’. A site owner advertises the text messages, hoping for a completed user action. When a user clicks on it, transaction is done on per click basis. In case of an affiliate program, each click leading to a conversion can also fetch a good commission on a fixed percentage basis of the sale.
- If Search Engine Optimization (SEO) involves a well thought-out strategy to get ranked higher in natural search results of top engines, pay per click advertising or PPC incorporates buying sponsored advertising on them. A PPC ad campaign is an equally vital source of traffic that helps online businesses to increase sales/ leads.
- Any PPC campaign’s pricing is dependent on one’s analytical skills and efficiency. A fair understanding of how the whole mechanics of PPC works also comes into play while deciding the cost structure. If you pick fairly priced key terms that are reasonably popular, the chances of your drawing quality traffic will obviously increase. You need to be careful while choosing keywords or else the pricing structure will become faulty. As a result, your PPC campaign will prove to be a liability.
- The entire process demands inputs and insight of specialists who possess the skills to effectively manage a PPC ad campaign. It is vital to select the proper resource to manage not only the PPC ad campaigns but also to implement highly effective internet marketing strategies. The process requires constant review as well as refinement or adjustment to work out an optimum PPC allocation in order to strike a right tradeoff between the campaign spend and the end result.
While choosing a PPC management agency, it is important to check its credentials and previous track record in terms of their campaign success and overall performance.