Social media is now a must-use tool for modern marketers, looking for effective ways and means of customer engagement. Popular social networks provide emerging as well as established brands with new ways of reaching out to a wider audience in the most cost effective manner. They allow a smoother exchange of meaningful messages directed at a focused user group, enabling a potentially massive community of participants to productively collaborate.
Inherent potential and power of social media
Once you take appropriate measures towards exploring the inherent potential and power of social media for customer-centric communications, you will start getting the desired results over time. However, as we have followed in the previous post, a majority of small business owners still struggle to leverage social media for marketing purpose. This can largely be attributed to not only lack of awareness, but also lack of planning.
A thorough understanding of the vast social media spectrum is absolutely necessary. It has become imperative to monitor as well as to manage explore a wide array of networking platforms. Businesses can use them:
- To enhance the brand image
- To improve the business reputation
- To increase awareness of products and services
- To engage prospective and existing consumers
Be innovative and interactive
While employing and exploring different digital media avenues to mobilize their marketing efforts, businesses across diverse domains should look to be innovative and interactive in their approach. It is important to experiment with a host of powerful communication channels in their endeavor to reach out to customers.
This is where astuteness and insight of social media strategists come into play. Many companies are averse to seek expert advice, in order to cut costs, and eventually miss out on several exciting opportunities.
Marketers’ must-use tool
Bear in mind the fact that social media is now a marketers’ must. Here are the reasons:
- Social media continues to expand, getting fast transformed into a powerful tool to push marketing and sales initiatives.
- It is considered a potent direct source of communication and business networking both of which can be customized.
- An expanding social media spectrum has much more to it than Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and MySpace. Businesses can make use of several niche networking platforms for familiarizing, socializing and brand building purpose.
Use a holistic marketing strategy
You can build a great image and identity for your business by executing a well-planned social-media marketing strategy. Even a basic activity like blogging should form part of your social media plan, apart from closely monitoring review sites and forums.
Recommendations from influencers and bloggers in your business domain are critical to enhance your ‘brand equity’ in Web 2.0. Instead of bombarding them with marketing messages, look to actively engage with followers. In other words, creating a two-way communication channel with the prospects holds the key.