Post April 21, 2015 the world of internet marketing took a drastic turn. With mobile searches outnumbering desktop crawls, the mobile friendliness of a website was seen as a major ranking factor by Google’s algorithm updates. Last year, Google acknowledged the fact that the desktop crawls are no where near the ever increasing mobile searches, as nearly 75% of US population consisted of smartphone users.
In an ever so increasing mobile world, businesses can simply not ignore the use of mobile technology when chalking out their marketing strategies. While B2C companies are quick to explore the medium to reach out to their end consumers, B2B companies are still trying to figure out the effectiveness of mobile based marketing. To make it easier, we’ve listed out three reasons why B2B marketers need to take up mobile marketing as soon as possible.
1. To positively impact the authority of your website
Google’s mobile-friendly algorithm update may not have had a negative impact on businesses, as some ill-informed SMEs had predicted. But in hindsight, you might just spoil your smartphone visitors’ experience by not creating a mobile-friendly website for yourself.
And going by CWS’s last year’s report, businesses that don’t provide users with great mobile experience can expect the unexpected, such as
- Poor Organic Ranking
- Lesser mobile traffic to the site
- High Bounce Rate
There are many B2B businesses who are not even aware of the fact that by not upgrading their site to provide optimum mobile experience, they are not only hindering their site’s online visibility, but also losing out on active mobile traffic.
2. Leveraged for customer engagement
Besides enhancing your brand’s visibility and the traffic to your website, having a mobile-friendly site helps in driving more on-site engagement, leading to more conversion and customer loyalty. And if you need more stimulus, then this Google report on online behaviour of the smartphone user may help you.
- Over 70% of smartphone users are more likely to revisit a mobile friendly website in the future.
- Over 45% smart searchers get annoyed and frustrated when they end up on a website that doesn’t fit the requirements of the small screen size.
- More than half of your smartphone visitors wouldn’t engage with a company that doesn’t support small screen size requirements.
Well, the stakes are high and B2B businesses can ignore them at their own peril by annoying prospective click through users, who may have entered the sales funnel.
3. Increasing use of mobile devices for making B2B decisions
Besides witnessing a lot of B2C online purchases, an increasing number of the smartphone users are using the medium for B2B business as well. In fact, a lot of B2B decision makers are increasingly making use of the mobile domain throughout the buying cycle.
A Google survey on the changing face of B2B decision makers reveals their latest research and purchase habits. It states
- Smartphone researchers contribute to over 40% of online B2B buyers.
- Smartphone search activity is witnessing a 3X growth in Google search queries.
- Over 45% of B2B researchers use mobile devices, even during official working hours.
In fact, there’s an increase in presence of mobile B2B marketers who are trying to provide a solution to their customers, on the go and making some critical business decisions during and outside official hours.
Some mobile-friendly website tips for you to get started
As B2B marketers, if you’re considering upgrading your website to fit the small size requirements then below are two very simple steps to get you started
- Analyze and enhance your site’s Mobile PageSpeed.
- Find out and execute an appropriate mobile design for your site.
Besides improving your website’s PageSpeed Score, Google recommends specific measures to improve your site’s mobile friendly experience. For better results, you can even hire a professional third party service, as HELP is just a click away!