In this fast paced digitized world, we want everything delivered quickly, at the press of a button. While it is practically possible for getting instant materialistic satisfaction, the same thing cannot be said for some of the major events in your life such as education, career, medication, marriage, progeny, etc. They demand your dedicated time and patience. Like these major events in your life, SEO too needs to be seen as a long-term investment for getting better results. But as part of human tendency, we always search for some quick short term results. Even though SEO services yield better results with time, there are some easy wins that you can look forward to while realizing your long-term SEO goals. Here are some quick, result oriented SEO tricks that you can use to not only get ahead of your SEO rivals, but most importantly to sign-up new clients.
1. Make Use of Featured Snippets
If you want to attract more organic traffic to your site, you need to work out a strategy to get a featured snippet spot under your belt. While it’s still a task to feature in the quick answer box, there is an SEO trick that you can use to optimize your content.
Just go to your Google Search Console to find out how many queries ending with a question mark are ranked highly in the searches. You can filter the queries that contains “how,” “what” and “why.”
Now, prioritize your list of keyword phrases on basis of their search volume. Filter your list for keywords with higher search volume. In case, your question-related keywords don’t rank higher in searches, just weave your content to answer a simple question that you can think of.
Some quick and easy tips to increase your chances of getting featured in the answer box by doing some on-page modifications as mentioned below:
- Make use of bullets or number format while answering search queries that contain a question.
- Include a video to the page that answers a query, along with an image.
- Fill your page with informative content that adds value to the reader.
Now, submit your content to be indexed by Google and share it on your Google plus page so that the changes are noticed by the search engine. Visit here to know more about how to get featured snippets.
2. Optimize Existing Content
Getting your new web page higher up in the search rankings takes a lot more effort than improving the ranking of an existing page.
While keeping the number one search ranking goal in sight, target your content to rank anywhere between 3rd to 10th search ranking positions. Working on your bounce rate and building new page links can be great assets for securing short-term gains.
There are many methods to identify the page that you need to focus on.
- Go to the Google Search Console and look for keywords that rank anywhere between the 3rd – 10th search position.
- Run Google Analytics and find pages that have high bounce rate but attract decent traffic to the site.
- Now, look out for pages with higher conversion rates through your Google Analytics account. Search for keywords that are attracting traffic to the site and optimize your content around those keywords.
Here are some tricks that you can use to quickly improve the search metrics of these pages:
- Adjust the basic page ranking factors to improve search engine optimization of your page.
- Create new internal links from the related pages to your target pages.
- Share your content on Google Plus and allow Google to index your pages
Invite a well-known influencer for some quick links
Invite an influencer to contribute towards the improvement of your page’s content. In bargain, you stand a chance to gain some great links.
For instance, you can invite a well-known soccer player to do some guest blogging for your page based on soccer, by asking him some relevant questions.
Do share links with the influencers via email or Twitter asking for their opinion on your blog update, which you can also use on your social media profile. Use the same method while designing brand new pages.
Search intent optimization
You may have come across pages that rank higher for queries that don’t seem to fit the page content. For instance, a search query related to “SEO services in NY” gives results on how to reach out to an SEO agent in the New York City. Working on this core issue will automatically improve your search ranking and lower your bounce rate.
- If your page is not ranking for a particular set of keywords, then consider rewriting the article around keywords that are currently attracting traffic to your site.
- Include a section to answer the query that your article already ranks for. This will enable you to maintain the visibility of your article.
- Consider writing a new page if on-page information doesn’t match the search intent and then link it with the higher ranking post on your website; that includes the keywords rich anchor text.
3. Improve Visibility of Your Converting Pages
Search for pages, via Google Analytics, that help in conversion. Capitalize on the keywords that are currently attracting traffic to your site. Besides that, you can even make use of paid campaigns that feature the high ranking keywords.
To improve your on-page SEO value, focus on the trending keywords and pages to get quick results in a short period of time.
4. Look for Competing Content
Combine the pages that you find have content with similar topics. In order to unite these pages as, do ensure that you redirect their URLs.
5. Get Rid of 404 Errors
To fix 404 error pages, you can make use of several available, online SEO tools. Also, reach out to site owners that have broken links or redirect the URL to a live page to fix the broken link related issue.
Your Final Takeaway
Even though you need to consider your SEO strategy with a long term perspective in mind, there are a few SEO tricks that you can use to get quick, short term results.
Need help with implementing these tricks? We can be of assistance. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-545-0616 and we’ll do the rest.