There are different types of SEO & each one commands a different strategy. Let us define these different types of SEO & also, provide you with invaluable tips on the same.
Four types of SEO & Approaches You Require
Local SEO boosts the visibility of a local business by ranking the website higher in search engine result pages for location based keywords. However, including the exact keyword is not mandatory as it works as per the geographic location and also keywords & phrases that are related to the business & its location.
Local SEO is not just limited to your website. In fact, it also includes following things:
- Engaging in community events & chamber.
- Creating profiles on different platforms. Namely Google MY Business, Bing Places for Business & Yahoo Local.
- Associating with directory websites.
Barnacle SEO is like that sea creature which attaches itself with any big surface and then feeds off on the tiny particles that float by in the water.
If your website ranks lower on SERP then associating with big websites will be beneficial, as you can feed on their users. So when someone will search for that big website, you will also get users since your website can be found within the larger website.
For instance:- You can utilize Yelp by focusing your SEO efforts on increasing the number of positive reviews. So when someone will search for “Electrician near me” they will most likely go to Yelp as it will be displayed in the top most position of the search engine result pages and also display reviews. With a decent number of positive reviews, you have a good chance of getting hired by a large number of Yelp searchers. Yelp is not the only way, though, you can do this by optimizing your profiles and business listings too.
Where to start:
- Identify websites that are listed in the first page of a search engine and can offer most by using keywords and phrases related to your niche.
- Focus your efforts on the top results as they will get you maximum exposure.
- Being creative while associating with these big websites will help you get the best possible results.
The opposite of Local SEO is National SEO. It is for those businesses that are not restricted to a particular location and can provide services or products anywhere. For instance: Companies like Amazon should have national SEO instead of Local SEO. They are not limited to a particular location and their products can be bought from anywhere. They don’t need to lure traffic to their stores they can serve to a broad range of audience and in multiple locations at once.
National SEO strategies aim at feeding search engines information so that customers can find the business regardless of the location they are searching from.
How to do it:
- Do not include any keyword that is related to a particular location. For instance: It should be “web development services” instead of “Web development services New York”
- Keep an eagle eye on your competitors and their websites elements.
Remember that competing on a national level is way too difficult as compared to local level since the level of competition will escalate enormously as you have to compete with the giants.
Technical SEO is as crucial as local SEO to rank higher. So if you are not tech savvy and terms like “Backend of a website” “robots.txt”, etc. sound like an alien language, then you better hire a technical person for the job. Because Technical SEO is not something you can ignore.
Technical aspects that should be good:
- Load time of a web page, mobile friendliness, and content structure should be excellent.
- Highly optimized webpage titles, descriptions, images, and URLs.
- 301, 302 & 404 errors kill your search ranking. Monitor your website for them.
However, this is just a short list. The full list is longer and you should be focusing on every aspect of it for successful Technical SEO results.
Remember, whatever SEO strategy you use should be in alignment with your overall SEO strategy & digital marketing strategy, in order to rank higher in search engine result pages & reign supreme in your niche.
In case you need any assistance with your SEO strategy, we will be more than happy to help you. You can also request a FREE SEO Audit of your website to see where you stand among your competitors. Based on this Audit and your target audience, our technical team would be able to assist you further. Just reach to us at email@example.com or call 1-888-545-0616 (Toll-Free).